Lost or stolen travel documents

travel documents

The State Department recommends that you travel with a copy of your passport and other important travel documents in case you need to replace one.

What should I do if I lose my documents?

If your travel documents are lost or stolen, report them immediately to the police and request a written report.

Replace the following documents in case of loss or theft:

Passport: If you are a US citizen and lose your passport. You must complete and file a passport loss or theft declaration, form DS-64 (in English)

Visa (issued by a consulate or embassy of the United States): if you are a foreigner and can not prove that you have a US visa because you lost your documents, you may remain in the country until the data registered in the database of the Office of the United States. Customs and Border Protection (if you received the I-94 form on paper, you can verify there the deadline to leave the country). However, you will need to request the documents required to leave the US. UU and enter another country.

Form I-94: If you lose, damage or your I-94 is stolen, you must complete and send the I-102 form (PDF, download Adobe Reader) to request the replacement of entry and exit. Follow the instructions to complete and submit your I-102 form.

Green Card: If you are a permanent resident, you are outside the United States, and you lost your green card. You must immediately contact the United States consulate, the Citizenship, and Immigration Service (USCIS) office. in English). Or with the port of entry, before filing the I-90 form, of request to replace the permanent resident card.

How to request an extension of your stay in the United States

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.